OMG
Yo ho ho! It is my first post in more than 2 months, dang. I have an excuse: the internet connection at my parents' house is so slow that it was impossible to do anything. My father has become very interested in the 'blogosphere,' (which he actually calls 'Blogville') because of a family friend who now has one, and I nearly was outted as a blog-owner, but thank god, I think it is still under wraps.
Anyway, this is an exciting time for all: Pirates of the Carribean Deux is out. Yes, at last. I have not seen it yet. I need a break from the movie marathon that was my last few visits to New York. Shall I give you the run-down? But of course! And I shall give them stars, shall I? Indeed!
La Moustache ****- totally trippy and has my new fave line of any movie: 'But you never HAD a moustache!' (mais en francais). Imagine trying to pull that shit on Burt Reynolds. He would NOT be having it.
A Prairie Home Companion *** - I even found myself loving Woody Harrelson, ma foi! Sacre bleu! Yes, it is true.
Nacho Libre ****- Four stars, amazing. Made corn on a stick look like the best snack ever. As Jack Black says in the film, 'Jyessss!'
The Break Up **- Vince Vaughn is fat.
The Devil Wears Prada ****- A-mazing, for real. I never thought it could be so good. Meryl Streep is an artiste, auteur, actrice, aardvark, etc.
Strangers With Candy ****- The bomb. Has my second fave movie line: 'I may be an adult, but I have the mind of a child.'
Superman Returns (is that the title?) ***- Meh, not bad, not great, all in all a bowl of warm pasta with a kind of too salty red sauce that you could have made better yourself at home.
Good god, watch out Stephen Holden, A.O. Scott and Whatsername at the Times, I am ON IT.
And I'm out. Peace.


2 Comments:
Nice job. You realize we saw two movies avec La Streep, right? Anyways... I just saw Thumbsucker and then Swingers waa!! s on t.v., so it's been a Vaughn-a-thon, and let me tell you, he and Favreau both used to be quite slender. I think Meryl - as Miranda - would have something calmly evil to say about that. Excellent.
11:25 PM
Thank god you're back Sarah, I thought something terrible had happened to you. Then I remembered I saw you twice this last week and spoke to you on the phone and by text. Then I calmed down. Phew.
4:30 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home