Friday, March 24, 2006

Blue Suede Shoes

After 27 years I am finally living the dream of owning blue suede shoes. How can it have taken so long? I have been buying myself shoes for years now. Some were hits and some definite misses. I remember a certain pair of brown clunky shoes I bought while in high school from Zanna. Anyone who was at Buxton during that time felt the influence of Zanna: babydoll dresses and loooong gypsy skirts. It was the 90's. It was not my fault. But the shoes were fug. I didn't even wear them very often. They are in my closet in Vermont, decaying and probably covered with cat pee. Just as it should be.

I think the best shoes purchases I made were the two pairs I bought in Paris. I have gotten more than my money's worth from those babies.

Of course, if you are talking value for money, the flip flop is where it's at. I remember those flip flops they had at Dave's Army Navy in Oberlin, and the ones at Ben Franklin that were about $2.99 and lasted me years... or at least a few summers. That is pure value. I think my mother eventually made me throw them out when the heels had worn down to wafer thin black foam rubber. Ahh but they were comfy.

The blue suede ones I have now may not last years, but I think they are worth the poundage.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to correct you, but I believe you have already owned blue suede shoes - those sneakers that you and Martha bought me for xmas that one year from tj maxx or target (pronounced "tar-jayyy") or somewhere, and that you also bought for yourself? Remember? Did I just blow your cover? Sorry.....

5:47 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

If u wanna try somemore shoes..why dont u go for Nike shoes which have good collections..i feel very comfortable with them and same with u too.

6:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home