Thursday, April 20, 2006

Spring is here

Sort of. It seems like it is here: birds are chirping and flowers are out, but it's still a wee bit nippy now and then. Perhaps that is just the way it's gonna be and Glasgow spring and summer is cool and breezy.

HOWEVER, I have begun my official countdown to my return to the States: 12 days. Isn't that insane? I cannot believe how quickly time has gone. It is mad. MAD I tell you.

I am quite excited to be home for a while, of course I will miss the HTB (Hubby to be) but it will be nice to have spring in VT and the comforts of home. Rrrrrrp! (Sound of a needle pulling off a record). Wait- comforts of home? That's what I said, but I REALLY meant 'psychotic month of near mind-shattering stress and inane babble from The Momz.' She has been really good and has basically organized the entire wedding, but I have a feeling that once I set my foot on the threshold of the house, all hell with break loose and it will be like (to use a highbrow cinematic reference) in Risky Business when the college admissions guy arrives at Tom Cruise's house to find it has been turned into a crazy brothel. Now, I am not saying anything SICK against my parents, I just have a feeling things may be a bit out of control and I may be in a bit over my head.

BUT, Tom Cruise muddled through (as witnessed by several Triumph of the Human Spirit films- and that one gay fantasy film that was Top Gun)and is now sittin on top of the world. Hats off!

So, am I confident that I can handle this? Yes. Am I fairly sure that the first few days at home may be a shock to the system? Yes. Am I supremely excited to go to New York and see Elnie and Holly and stuff my face with food? Yessss!

Brill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home