Easter Revisited
I forgot to mention Easter and its weekend, which though it was now super thrilling, was notable in that I probably had a worse hangover than ever before. While many people were celebrating the rebirth of Jesus Christ Superstar, Daniel and I decided to meet up wth some people in the pub. Now, to be truthful, maybe 5% of people were celebrating the rebirth of JC, the other 95% had been drinking since the week before in anticipation of the bank holiday and were roaming the streets eating chips and kebabs of dubious honor.
We were unusual in that we deiced to start driking at about 8 pm, out of respect for our livers. Most heathens these days have no such respect and had been downing them since the church bells first sang out that morning.
Long story short: I got really drunk and we had an uncomfortable walk home at about 3 am (after, um, DANCING at a club- I know, I was REAAAAALLLLY drunk). So, I work up the next day at about 12- still drunk. Wow. The problem was, I had promised a friend I would help her at the gallery space she is opening. I got down there (still drunk) ate some chocolate covered peanuts (delicious), smoked my first cigarette in 2 months (disgusting, in an oddly satisfying way) and PAINTED THE WALLS. I seriously thought I was going to die; or collapse, or vomit. Instead, I spackled, sanded, painted and cleaned the walls of the gallery, accompanied by the shrill whine of a sanding machine that the sculptor whose show it was, was using in the back.
By the time I left at 5, I was finally sober, but felt like complete ass.
Fin


1 Comments:
were you dancing in the club? were you now? were you drinking bacardi like it was your birthday? excellent.
4:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home