Monday, August 07, 2006

Maniac

Wow, working life, lemme tell youse. It's a hard slog. I am somewhat like the main character in Flashdance (props to anyone who can tell me her name): I get home after a hard day welding, only to dance at a strip joint until my feet bleed by night. Except with me it's more like, I work about 2, maybe 3 full hours a day. The rest of the time I am trying to look busy while discreetly (I hope) checking my email and reading the newspaper. Then I get home and eat cheese until my feet bleed. Eeeew. Sorry, bad visual... but you get the point: life is rough.

AT LEAST I don't have to go through the humiliation of auditioning for a well-known ballet company, only to mess up and have to start again, praying that they won't toss me out on my tuckus! Then again, we all know she triumphs in the end, which may be more than we can say for me, who knows what will happen!

OMG, COMING SOON... another issue of BOLD-FACED NAMES I figure I have been back in the country long enough to accumulate some Hot Gossip... either that or I will make it a special 'mem'ries' edition.

Until then, me hearties!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex Owens. And yes, I totally looked it up.
Your story reminds me of how, one time, I committed some indiscretions at a Catskills resort, and they told me if I left quietly I might still get my summer bonus. It all worked out in the end though, as I know it will for you.
(Just don't make a big deal out of telling people everytime you carry a watermelon.)

6:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welding? I thought you were GELDING?!

1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home