Thursday, March 29, 2007

D-Day



Tomorrow (Saturday, 31 March) is David's Birthday.

David Tamarkin. What can I say? Dave and I were engaged once. Because my mother basically proposed on my behalf. The wedding would have been lovely, maybe with a nautical theme. Lobster rolls for all!

Or MAYBE, just maybe, we could have had a Golden Girls theme. Imagine: Dorothy and Stan, Rose and Miles, Blanche and The Miami Dolphins, Sophia and ?

But it was not meant 2 B and instead of spend our years togeths in wedded bliss we decided to be the best of besties.
Mistake? Perhaps. And yet, how could it have been any other way?

I love David. I love him so much I call him Dizzy D and carry a photo of him in my wallet. He is my partner in crime: Man Whore Calling, All Things Delicious (ahem), Naturalistic Dog capers, eating burritos in the 'Nati avec BJ, Li'l Kix, NITN, Secret Smiles... and, David's made-for-tv debut: Just Between Us.

Lifetime Television For Women presents the
heartbreaking new original movie, JUST BETWEEN US.
Based on a true story, JBU is an emotionally
devastating tale told from the perspective of the old,
wise art critic Sarah Freeman (Estelle Getty). As she
tells her story we go back in time to 2002, when a
young Freeman (Laura Prepon) and her fabulous friend
David Tamarkin (Chris Klein) make a horribly
distasteful movie choice and try to cover it up. When
Freeman's co-worker Ariana (Kathy
Griffin) "spills the beans" to Freeman's boss Jane
(Anjelica Houston) all hell breaks loose, tearing Sarah
and David's friendship apart and causing David to lash
out at his other loved ones, including his friends AJ
(Boomer Esiason) and Erik (Barry Manilow). Also stars
Bruce Vilanch as Old Tamarkin and Ben Savage as Tom.
Tuesday at 9pm

Good god, the man's a genius. Words fail.

Happy Birthday Dave, Dizzy D!

4 Comments:

Blogger ewg said...

"...and Ben Savage as Tom" may be one of the most brilliant things I have ever read. Ever.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger David said...

Ben Savage was being generous. In the Fat Tom days it would have been more like Kennan Thompson. And you, Elnie...who could do you justice but Scarlet? And who to play Rumaan but Sanjaya?

Happy Birthday to all! And by the by, it's Li'l Li'l, not Li'l Kix, and I have a feeling he's going to kick ALL our asses for getting it wrong.

10:31 PM

 
Blogger sarah said...

OMG, clearly I was drugged when I wrote that. I DID mean Li'l Li'l and I also meant to make mention of Grilled Cheese and Old Woman! How could I have forgotten? Mea culpa.

4:10 PM

 
Blogger sarah said...

PS: I had to look up Sanjaya and I am soooooo glad that I did.

4:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home