Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Untitled

How can I even come up with a title for this post? Maybe you decide once you have seen it, then you can title it as you see fit.

Okay, on a list of things that I HATE (which would be quite long, who am I kidding?) somewhere in the Top 20 would be the following: slippers that look like animals (or make it look like you have your feet thrust into animals' backs or asses). See photo:


My mother gave me a pair of woolly sheep slippers not too long ago. I even wore them a few times before giving them to Goodwill. They grossed me out, and pretty much guaranteed sleepless nights, as they would always peek out of my closet.

So, one of my other Pet Peeves- which would be way up at the TOP of the list: GARFIELD. I fucking HATE Garfield. I hate his heavy eyelids, his fat ass and his dissssss-gusting feet. Disgusting. His toes are so long and wiggly and he is always trying to catch a glimpse of them over his fat fucking stomach. I hate the voice they gave him in the cartoon, and I hate the fact that they have now made 2 movies featuring his fat-fuck smug-ass face.

SO, imagine my HORROR when I came across the following:



YES. It is true. Garfield (aka Beelzebub's Servant) wearing slippers... OF HIMSELF.

I cannot describe the violence with which my body shudders at the sight of this abomination. I may have to write a stern letter to someone- anyone- who may be able to make this stop.

3 Comments:

Blogger niall said...

Just imagine the fun you'd have booting said Garfield around the room though! Kick- BAM! Garfield hits the wall! Kick- WHOOSH! Garfield flies through the air towards the impending doom of the stinky bin! Kick- WOOOOAAAAHHHHHHH! Garfield hurtles towards certain death out of the window our your flat into what will inevitably be certain amelioration on the streets of Denistoun. Learn that sick kitty! I think I need to lie down. Missing me yet?

4:38 PM

 
Blogger ewg said...

omg i heart stuffed animals on my feet. so adore! also adore: the boots that look like the freshly-severed leg of a polar bear! so cute. wildlife is like, the best.

10:46 PM

 
Blogger David said...

I can't help but feel that this post is directed at me. Me, who at age 12 used to collect those rectangular, $7 Garfield books. Me, who was introduced to (and quickly fell in love with) lasagna thanks to the cat himself. Me, who always related to Odie, just a little bit. (I mean, I always was kicked around by my wee sister. [Niall: Please note my use of the Scottish language.]) Anyway, Freeman, the point is: If you have something to say, just say it. Stop hiding behind the great comic strip characters of our time. Garfield may be fat, lazy and snarky, but even he wouldn't pull this passive agressive shit.

3:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home