Saturday, May 03, 2008

Sometimes

Life can be good. It's not all bad. The things I have SEEN the past two days have fucking taken my breath away.

It started when I decided to take the bus home from work yesterday instead of the tube. From my window seat I managed to peep the following:

1) a man jogging while wearing a Dunkin' Donuts VARSITY JACKET. How did the earth not fucking EXPLODE when faced with such amazing contradiction? Seriously. The fact that Dunkin Donuts even MADE varsity jackets is still blowing my mind, but the fact that this GENIUS decided it was appropriate attire for jogging is just the cherry on top of a magnificent day. Thanks.

2) a woman with a HUGE ass, saucily bending over as a man RAN from a distance of about 10 yards to smack her on the butt and then jump up and down HOOTING (I could hear the hooting through the bus window). Please note all of this was happening ON THE STREET. Just, ya know, out on the sidewalk, peeps passing by, children eating ice cream and then this guy wildly smacking some woman's massive ass.

BUT all of this absolutely pales in comparison to the skull-shattering awesomeness of the street art we saw this afternoon in central London:



YES PEOPLE, some kindred fucking spirit has taken it upon themselves to immortalize THE EDGE in smudged graphite. Halle-fucking-luiah. Some fellow traveler on the road of fucking balls-out, apeshit cray-cray has selected 'The Edge.' Seriously, I nearly wet myself when I caught my first glimpse of the steely beard of Hopkins and the hedonistic death stare of Baldwin. Elle McPherson didn't come out too well. But fuck it. God I love ART.

It imitates life. Life in which a rich old man with a young trophy wife gets trapped in the wilderness with Alec Baldwin, and all types of savage madness break out.



I feel so cheery, I might as well be Roberto fucking Benigni or something, romping about and dancing on tables. Ciao! Get it while it lasts people, soon it will be back to plain old fashioned hatred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home