Three in a row
So, I have the day off today, thanks to this lovely public holiday thing. I slept a little late and just now have gotten up to have some coffee and some cereal... and I turned on the tv to keep me company and lo und behold, the three music videos that the weird VH1/mtv esque channel has played are:
Spice Girls: When 2 Become 1
Lionel Richie: Hello (Is It Me You're Looking For?)
Whitney Houston: I Will Always Love You
Good god! Talk about blasts from the past. I know that certain people out there remember the Spice Girls video especially well... and now that time has passed, I see even more how ridiculous it is. They are perched in little places all over New York City: a 'rock' near the Staten Island Ferry terminal, the middle of Times Square, Madison Square Park, Columbus Circle, some rafters overhanging the traffic on the Brooklyn Bridge... I mean, what the fuck?
The real scary part is how relatively healthy Victoria Beckham looks... she looks like she actually has a pulse, whereas now, what with the release of her and David's new 'fragrance' she has been in the press a lot and you can see the waxen, deer-in-the-headlights look she has. The best thing is the name of the fragrance: Intimately Beckham. Eeeeeeeew, that is sooo nasty! I call it the scent of desperation, or the whiff of fear. But doesn't 'Intimately Beckham' sound so dirty?
Um, I kind of got carried away there a bit, the point is, this lovely music channel has given me a trip down memory lane. Right now they are playing 'Eternal Flame'!


1 Comments:
Lionel Richie walks into a Butcher's and the Butcher says "Hello, is it meat you're looking for?" Best. Joke. Evah.
7:09 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home