Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bon bon




Usually I am at the first to know allll the gossip about everyone... well, not really (in high school people were sneaking out right and left, smoking up, drinking, DOING IT, etc. and I was oblivious and happy as a clam, making waffles and baking oatmeal cookies and watching Desperately Seeking Susan with Holly at my French teacher's house. Yessss, not really living on the edge. But damn the cookies were good!) BUT I really thought I had gotten better about being in the know.

So the other day, I was skipping down the cobblestoned alley to Woolworths for some Haribo Maom candy, gazing up at the clear blue sky and wondering- as I often do- whatever happened to Ricky Martin? He hasn't been in the news lately... haven't heard 'She Bangs' or 'Livin' La Vida Loca' in years, not to mention 'La Copa de La Vida.'

So distruaghtw as I by the thought that soemthign might have HAPPENED to Ricky, I rushed from the Woolworths (Maom in hand, natch) away from the electric orange bearded clerk (Fergus/Findlay- he has 2 nametags that he switches- for those of you in the know- this man SCARES me. He is too soft spoken and his beard is such an unnatural color, like Li'l Orphan Annie's hair, but worse). I returned to my office and voiced my concern for Mr. Martin's languishing career to my co-workers. Zounds! It seems that in the few seconds I had not had my finger on the entertainment world's pulse, RM had gone ahead and shocked the public thusly:

CURSING AT PUBLIC APPEARANCES!

INTIMATELY EXERCISING ON THE BEACH WITH HIS 'FRIEND' (mm, seriously? Ricky? Really? Half-brother? Step-brother? Old school chum?)!

Ceci n'est pas the Ricky Martin I know. Help me out here. Any reasons for this wild behavior?

4 Comments:

Blogger ewg said...

That pic is a mesmerizing optical illusion. It's also a bit of an optical allusion. My my!!

10:28 PM

 
Blogger Richie said...

Perhaps they're just comparing trunks?

Ricky:"Mine have the cutest little white stripe down the front"
Amigo:"Really Senor? Lift yourself up in a homo-erotic way so I can see for myself... oh yes, that is very cute."
Ricky:"Yes I got them in Primark for £1.99, along with a similar pair in navy blue, also for £1.99."
Amigo:"Isn't it amazing how they manage to be so cheap? I know they probably have bad labour practices, but still..."

etc etc.

11:27 PM

 
Blogger sarah said...

Richie! Hare you? Have not seen you in a long time!
I am sure you are right and the conversation between RM and his BFF was tame and nothing to get all upset about, HOWEVER, I am worried that Ricky and co may be spending a bit too much cashola on coconut oil and stretching those savings on hot pants a bit too far: cheap or no, those short shorts leave little to the imagination. When trying to cut costs and corners perhaps Ricky should take a few lessons from Senor Cheapo himself, yes... wait for it... Elllllvisssss.... do I even need to? "Cost Saving" Costello! Ba dum bum!

9:16 AM

 
Blogger Richie said...

Hello Sarah, just seen your reply to my comment. Well, I'm super smashing dandy. Perhaps true what you say about Mr Martin. Although he could do with staying away from Costello; that light fingered troubador would only lead him into a criminal (albeit thrifty) lifestyle.

In other news, I also have a blog now, which I am shamelessy promoting in the form of comment spam. So if you'd like to read the World's funniest blog, don't bother clicking that link to mine.

1:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home