Monday, April 30, 2007

It Is Upon Us



Buckle the fuck UP, people. It's happening.



Prom Season!



My HS never had a prom, so I had to live vicariously through the AMAZING prom supplies catalogues that our school received in the mail. Best ever themes: Puttin' On the Ritz, Shipwrecked! Arabian Wedding (for real), Cheerleader High, Tropical Breeze... so many mem'ries.



It could have been me riding that gorgeous white stallion! Yeah, Some of the photos I found while trolling the internet were so awkward that I cannot even describe them. They made me weep hot tears of teen shame, retroactively break out with pizza-face zits, slap a blue face mask on said zits (to no fucking avail, people), make my own HIDEOUS pink prom dress out of a PERFECTLY suitable vintage gown given to me by my older, sexually experienced friend who works at a kooky record store, plan to go to said prom with my ambiguously gay besty (and Super Number One Otis Redding Fan) because the 'hot' and hare-lipped (yes, I said it. Deal. Andrew McCarthy is fucking hare-lipped or I'll be a monkey's uncle) rich guy couldn't get up the cojones to ask me- a poor red haired waif from the wrong side of the tracks with pale, pale skin and a shit load of Psychedelic Furs records. LITERALLY! This all happened! Just now when I clicked on a photo of a girl going to a CLOWN THEMED PROM. I can still smell the Noxema.

WHO was responsible for the planning of a PROM CIRCUS? Fess up and let justice reign.

3 Comments:

Blogger ewg said...

Noxzema, Sarah.

Oh god, I just pulled a "Niall", didn't I? And yes, the quotes are necessary.

5:18 PM

 
Blogger David said...

I kid you not: I wore a top hat and carried a black-and-white cane with me to my junior prom. It was jazzy.

9:00 PM

 
Blogger sarah said...

OMG How could I have forgotten that Noxzema is the most splendiferous word with both an X AND a Z in in it!!!
That and the special tingling is what makes it work.

PS: Dave your prom outfit sounds SO Bob Fosse. I am ASSUMING Jazz Hands made an appearance. Side bar: what a good name Jazz Hands would be for a cat/dog/child

9:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home