Thursday, December 08, 2005

Mixing

People, do not do what I did the other night: mix 4 different types of alcohol.

What started out as a quiet night in, reading or playing Yahtzee quickly deteriorated into a sloppy drunkfest as I drank one glass of wine, followed by 2 1/2 beers, some whiskey and a glass of champagne... rose champagne. Fuuuck.

No details are really needed, suffice to say that yesterday I was so thankful I do not have a job. What would I have done? I would have done what Daniel did, and called in sick. Actually, he called in and said he had to take care of me, because I was sick... and yes, yes I was.

He did a very good job. I moved my fragile frame into the living room andDaniel ran out for necessities and basically catered to my every whim. We spent the day drinking coffee, water and Coke, watching The Spanish Prisoner and Prime Minister's Questions on tv and eating a massive bar of chocolate.

Luckily, in some freakish occurence of foresight, I had spent the day before making homemade chicken soup and so I was able to huddle over a nice hot bowl of it, letting the chickeny goodness heal my self-inflicted pain.

I could make a 'Chicken Soup for the BLANK Soul' joke here, but it's just a bit too close to home.