Thursday, October 27, 2005

It is warm!

It is sunny and warm outside. Amazing!

I just called 4 mattress places trying to see about delivery and it was crazy, they all answered the phone in exactly the same way:

"Hello BLANK Mattresses/Bedding. This is BLANK, how can I help you?"

Excellent!

Only one guy commented on my American accent, which was nice. He said,

'Where are you having it delievered?' and when I told him, he said, 'Ah, good. From your accent I thought you might need it sent to America! Ha ha ha!'

Real funny, buddy.

Anyway, this round of phone calls means a big adventure this evening with Daniel running around to mattress stores in search of the perfect mattress.

It's actually kind of exciting. I have never bought a mattress before, I have only ever had the old futon. I feel so grown up! And poor. Mattresses are expensive.

I now have the urge to sing the 1-800 MATTRES (leave off the last S for savings!) jingle. Sheer genius.

I just hummed it. To myself. Out loud. It's very catchy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never bought a mattress either. It is so grownup of you. Next thing you know you will be purchasing some sort of major appliance, like a washing machine or a floor-buffer.
Charles in Charge is on this very minute. Thought you might need to know that.

4:05 PM

 
Blogger sarah said...

FYI El Dog, our apartment COMES with a washing machine. sciz-nore!

6:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home