Thanksgiving
Ohmigosh, like, I totally forgot to discuss Thanksgiving!
Daniel, his sister and her family all took pity on me and we went down to stay with them in Durham for the weekend. So, though it was not ACTUAL Thanksgiving day, we went down and Sarah humored me and bought a nice turkey and some potatoes and cranberry sauce, etc.
The day before I made a pumpkin pie; my first ever. I had to make a test pie the week before, just to see if my crust was edible. So I made an apple pie (which I thought should be more difficult than a pumpkin, so if I could nail that, I was fine).
Anyway, we got to Durham at about 11 and by 12: 30 the preparations had begun. I made some stuffing with sausage and sage and onion and bread.
So, long story short, the turkey was okay (slightly dry, but everyone was very nice about it). I am no good at making gravy, so that was kind of lacking, but the stuffing was good as were the mashed potatoes, but how can they NOT be good. The pie was a success in my opinion, and I kind of wish we had not left the rest of it in Durham, but facing the journey back with 1/3 of a pie seemed a bit much to deal with.
So, in terms of Thanksgivings, I think it was quite nice, though I missed my mother's cooking. Seriously though, it's a lot of work doing a whole Thanksgiving dinner and hats off to Drim for pulling it off year after year.
What I really miss are the leftovers.


<< Home