Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Bus

Just now on the bus on my way home from town I overheard the best conversation. I was sitting in front of two teenage girls, maybe 14 or 15 at most. They were planning on how to dupe their parents and sneak out for a night on the town. The plan was for one girl to tell her parents she was studying at the other girl's house, and vice versa. Classic. They were also planning what to wear, which was maybe my favorite part.

One girl is wearing the following outfit: 'My [sic] white Diesel top, my red jumper tied around my waist, my denims, my white trainers and, um, my Burberry scarf. But not really Burberry, you know, just the same wee tartan, the same color, um, you know, brown, yeah?'

Really the best part was that for once I could actually understand what they were saying. Up until now I have had a lot of toruble understanding the accents people have, but maybe they were speaking slowly enough or something, but anyway, it was great.

Also, they were talking about some girl Kyra and her new car. Apparently she is a bit of a slut. Tsk tsk!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eggcellent!!!!! the title is perfect, obviously. and plus, i know that you tap your fingers together like Montgomery Burns every time you finish a post. Yessssss.

6:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is very good news, freeman. I will include your blog in my revision of my anthropology class paper on the "culture of nyc bloggers" I need a cross cultural comparison. eggscellent indeed.

8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home