So Bored

I really think this job is killing me. I KNOW it is a great place to work, and it's not as if I am working on the railroads or harvesting organs in a back alley or anything, but it a is a dreadfully dull job. I don't even know what I am doing half them time, and the other half of the time I am trying to pretend I am busy, and saying things about 'feeding back' and 'aspirational learning.' And, while doing all this I am having to deal with my co-worker, all of whom seem to lack any sense of irony.
It is like working in Ohio, minus the Easy Cheese.
Today I have been in 2 meetings. Both of them about the exact same things and both of them almost making me bored to tears: tears of BLOOD!
How do I get through it? By drawing giant pictures of hungry fish eating bald men on my notepad, making frequent trips to the bakery nearby and drinking cup after cup of tea, so that then at least I have an excuse to go to the bathroom.
I am not a particularly ambitious person (obviously), but at some point in my life- ideally before I turn 30 (which is kind of soon)- I would love a job that does not involve spreadsheets, minute-taking, talking about Activa yogurt and having to listen to women at work complain about how many biscuits/cakes/candy they have eaten (I know, pipe dreams).
The blessing (and the curse) of this job is that it allows me constant and fast access to the internet, where I can find gems like the following. www.americansweets.co.uk. Brilliant!


7 Comments:
Maybe I should order from that site. God knows where I can find peanut butter here. Ah ha ha ha. Sorry. If only we'd had such a resource in Rome.
Also, I'm sorry that you are bored. I'm bored too. I think I would actually make more money if I were just unemployed and stayed in bed all day not using any electricity. I could live off the interest I earn from my checking account. It must be a good $2 a year. How magical.
4:45 AM
p.s. Last night I had an everything bagel with scallion cream cheese. I have no idea what inspired me.
4:46 AM
I may have had an everything bagel with cream cheese in Newark on Monday... I said MAY! Not definitely did have a really yummy everything bagel with cream cheese in Newark. Mmmm.
2:12 PM
Whatever, ass incognito! hahahahaha! hahahaha! I am going mad with boredom and getting a bit hostile as well. I apologize to Elnie for calling her a whore and to Guy Incognito (sooooo mysterious) for replacing his 1st name with ASS!
I am sorry.
2:24 PM
Ass is my middle name. IN YO' FACE!
2:52 PM
Mmm.... bagels by international mail. sounds like a good idea. Although, definitely a better idea than bagels by International Male. Ahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
10:38 PM
Statistics show that only 2% of all jobs (in the world!!) do not involve discussing Activa yogurt. Sorry.
10:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home