A Bone to Pick

Dear Turner Classic Movie Channel,
I was curious to see in your film schedule that you have chosen to add 'My Giant' to your film rotation. I am a fan of film in its many guises, and YET I find it odd- to say the least- that you have deemed 'My Giant' a cinema classic.
One would naturally expect older films, and maybe a 'new classic' here or there, but by what mad stretch of the imagination does 'MY GIANT' fit into either category? Was it a nod of the head to Billy Crystal's long career? If so, surely a 'City Slickers', 'When Harry Met Sally' or even 'Throw Mamma From the Train' would fit the bill for Pete's sake!
Or perhaps it was a warm welcome to Gheorghe Muresan- a 'we wish you well in your acting endeavours' type of thing? Well, TCM- I can only say, well fucking DONE. You really picked a winner.
I await your response.
Sincerely yours,
Baffled in London


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home