Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Halloweens Past

It may only be September 11 (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL!!!!! OMG!) but I- as per fucking usual- am on the ball and thinking ahead: Halloween. magical.

None of this dressing as a sexy witch bullshit. I am going balls out, full throttle OLD DRUNK MAN outside the dollar store. But first, a review of some costumes of yore:



Halloween 1988
Yeah, that's me as John Thaw of Inspector Morse fame. Check the bags under those eyes. That's real leather. I stitched it myself (with a bit of help from the momz). That's my brother on the side as Lewis... We hada whole routine. I would grumble, 'OH LEWIS, you FOOL. You BUMBLING FOOL! I need a drink.' I was only 10, yet so much wiser than my years. I think the black and white gives it a touch of class, don't you?




Halloween 1986
That's me as a Miami Vice inspired Adrien Brody. Now, LOGIC might have you think that at 8 there was NO WAY I could be dressed as a FAMOUS person from the FUTURE. Well fucking don't LABEL me, man. And think outside the FUCKING BOX. I was ahead of my time. Okay?





And lastly- good old Halloween 1983- my first trick or treating expedition, as a fucked up, behatted, fat and bearded Rod Steiger. That sheen of sweat took a lot of time to perfect.

But, after such a history of famed thespians, where to turn now? I think it's time to flip the script and go as...




Yep, a frizzy-haired, acid-washed denim clad, red-headed stepchild with a fibreglass cast of Slimer. It's just intuitive, don't you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger niall said...

I generally read your blog on an RSS reader that doesn't allow me to comment on the posts you make. However, since you've had a period of unmatched quality- I'll call it the Golden Age- I felt moved to drop by. This might be the best blog post I've ever read! Honest to god. Absolutely top drawer. And I would NEVER label you my wee American blogger extraordinaire. Not me.

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home