Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Redux

I have fucking tonsilitis again. Some of you (my TRUE friends) may remember that I had a terrible bout of it while in Paris last year. The fact that I was dog sitting for a Hugarian Visla named Billy, who was very needy indeed, did not help.

At least this time Daniel is here to take care of me. I am on the drugs now, so with luck it will clear up within a few days.

BUT the good part about being sick is that you get these mad, feverish visions and thoughts while in bed trying to sleep. Hence my attempt to remember every made-for-tv movie I have ever seen. And guess what occurred to me? The 3 best MFTV movies I have seen- Friends Til the End, Dying to Belong and Mother, May I Sleep With Danger? all included former cast members of Beverly Hills 90210. That's RIGHT. Is this the secret to MFTV movie success?

Tori Spelling gave it her all, while simultaneously smuggling squirrels in her cleavage in the AMAZINGLY titled Mother, May I Sleep With Danger; Shannen Doherty screeched out some kickass tunes as the frontwoman for a band in Friends Til the End, and Hillary Swank (that's right, she was on 90210 for a spell. Despite her Oscar bids and huge horse teeth, she made her home in CA's most desirable zip code for at least one season as Steve's single mom lovemuffin) blew the lid of the seemy underbelly of sorority politics in Dying to Belong.

God DAMN those were some quality products. Maybe it's just the penecillin talking, or the large piece of cheese-on-toast I am eating, but I would pay money to see those films again. Hats off to Aaron Spelling, who can clearly spot talent when he sees it... except for in the case of his own daughter, but we forgive him for that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you are so lucky- I don't even HAVE tonsils! Other than that I hope you get better soon. I was gonna see if you wanted to meet up for lunch tomorrow, but since you are incapacitated I shan't ask. Perhaps next week eh?

3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was that one with David Silver....er, Brian Austin Green...and the older woman? And was the older woman by any chance Judith Light of Who's The Boss or am I just dreaming the impossible dream?

9:52 PM

 
Blogger sarah said...

Alas, it was not Judith Light, but Bonnie Bedelia. And the title was Her Costly Affair, aka Consensual Relations. eeeeew

11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home