Outrageous!
So this weekend Daniel and I had The Best Curry... EVER. We went to Mother India's Cafe and literally got loopy with joy because it was so good. It felt like we were high, but not paranoid or anything, just really giggly. Maybe they slipped something into our naan.
They serve their curries in small tapas portions, so you can get a good variety of dishes without feeling all gross and weighed down. We got saag paneer, lamb patina (which was lamb with mint and other spices) and lamb musulum (which was lamb with okra and ginger and things). It was ridiculously good. They brought us the saag paneer first and we tasted it, and yes, it was delicious... then they brought the lamb patina, and we tasted it, and it was amazing... THEN they brought the other lamb, and we tasted it and it was even better than the other one, so we were really excited. THEN they brought the Peshwari naan: it was insane. Daniel tasted it and his face sort of lit up and he gave me a bite and it was like nothing I have ever had. It was nice and crispy and warm, but also sweet and buttery and had coconut in it. Now, normally, I don't hold with no coconut, but this was NUTrageous!
So, we sort of whispered to each other and giggled and drifted off into a Zen-like state of eating. It was one of the best meals I have ever had.
This makes me want to try and make a Top 10 list of best meals I have ever had. This will be really difficult. But I will give it a try. Most of them will eb the first time I had that particular dish, or went to that restaurant, so that might not be so hard, but for other meals- homecooked- it may be more difficult. But this is damn important, so I shall try.
Okay, in no particular order:
1) meal at Mother India's Cafe
2) first time I ate at Tierras Colombianas
3) Thanksgiving dinner 2 years ago at home- it was Thansgiving at its best, y'all!
4) First time I ate a dragon roll at Blue Ribbon Sushi- supposedly it has gone downhill, but the first time I went (in 1997 maybe?) it was amazing
5) Dinner I had at Le Chameleon in Paris with my mom. This restuarant closed a few months after we went, which is so sad, because it was so good, and the people were so nice, and they gave us free glasses of wine.
6) first time I ate a falafel from Kebab Cafe, and also honey cake... but that wasn't the same meal... but I think it can count as one
7) First time Elnie made me tuna salad sandwich. No joke, fools, it was good. On french bread, I believe it was, with a Diet Coke. Terribly OBVIOUS I am sure, but hells delish. Maybe she will bring some to the wedding, it a plastic bag... hummm, that sounds a bit dodgy.
8) First time I had a Nutella crepe in France when I was 12. It was ridiculously good and I think I could have eaten them every day I was there.
9) Almost any of the pizza I had when in Rome (ha! when in rome...), but esp. that place baffeto? Is that the name? Where was that? I can picture it, and it was really good.
10) First hamburger I ate after a lapse of 4 or 5 years, and *gasp* it was at the Feve. Madness.
So, there must be more, and there is, but this is a good Top 10 I think. Bravo!


4 Comments:
I cannot believe you didn't mention the meal of burnt ass we had at Asia House....oh right, cause it was burnt ass and that was obvious just from the smell and we didn't actually eat it, just had to clean it up. But wow, as a memorably horrific meal, that tops the list. I think the pizza place is Da Baffetto, so yeah, you got it.
I am making an army sized batch of tuna salad for your wedding and will wheel it in on a red wagon. Mmmmm.......
2:04 PM
Is Da Baffetto that wee pizza place in Rome on a wee side street that you told us about when I was there? If so it was amazing. If not I'm going!
2:27 PM
No, the place I told you about was the BEST sandwich shop in the world. it is gone now, I think. wow, you reminded me, that place should definitely be on the list. anyway, da baffetto is really good.
2:25 PM
i won't be offended if you knock my tuna salad off the list to make room for a salsa di tonno panino from the now-defunct (or just extra secret) pamweeni place.
9:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home